1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting square to round headlights?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Kauai Kei, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Kauai Kei

Kauai Kei Member

Anyone ever done this? I was just browsing google images for Carry pics (as one does), and realized I like the look of the round headlights over the square ones. So now I'm pondering how much of a job and parts search it would be to swap.

Any thoughts?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

It could be done by an experienced body pounder. but would require quite a bit of custom work. You would have to modify the front wall of the vehicle to fit the round lights.

You would be better off getting the front as a cut from Japan, and then cutting the front off of your truck and installing the cut from a round headlight model. And even that will take a very good tin pounder to make it work.

Realistically, if you want a round eyed truck you should find one and buy it. There are quite a few older Kei truck out there because folks didn’t know how to maintain them, and you might be able to find one of them, and swap over your running gear.

t_g_farrell likes this.