1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commuting with Kei Truck

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Zippy-Do-Da, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Subaru

Subaru Member

Shreddog needs 1 for each sled he owns:)

What mileage did you get loaded with sled?

2. shreddog

shreddog Member

burned 57 litres on a trip of just over 800 kms. half loaded up, and half empty except for a rubber bed mat i picked up at the junkyard.

3. glenn

glenn Member

I guess I missed this one......can I join in?

yes zippy...they are able to handle the drive....the question is can you in a mini? you got to ask yourself....do I want to drive that much distance every day on the highway?.....will other drivers respect your space on the road and will you be safe against the other crazy drivers......these trucks offer less protection than north american vehicles....but then life is full of risks eh?

I drive from home to work in my mini only a few days a week, round trip about 80k and some times it gets a little harry with the other drivers around me that seem to be in a great hurry......regular streets are much better.....it IS a little cramped in the cab....of course we also have the big 16 lane highways too...when they are jammed....you move real slow.....

I admit you do get extreme winters...guess that's why so many people per population from Manitoba go south to vacation in the winter.....no block heater but there are aftermarket ones.....heat is not an issue with mine...but if it gets real cold....I can get the cigarette plug-in electric from one of our trucks...it helps

eljordano, the sunbar is a good idea...I'm looking for a vw comi myself to add to our little fleet.....rear engine is not only a little more quiet...but the weight in the back will be better for winter driving....I am finding out that I slip and slide a bit in our suzie without putting a little something extra in the back.....the mid engine suzie is fine at full bore on the highway....

zippy.....payload is the same for both rear and mid engine....and no problem to work on rear or mid engine...these japanese guys think of everything including repairs and access....

mighty....yes....coil and leaf are rated the same but I think it is easier to add an extra leaf to handle the extra weight if need be.....

teeshka.....with that weight...I would guess that you would have to shift a little more.....you might want to look into adding an extra leaf for all that weight.....

bles.....no flame here....I agree with most of what you are say'n....I would not use out truck for commuting every day...it's not as comfy as my other truck...they are great in the city and around just for advertising and shock value...people do remember our company name and call us for work....milt can testify to that......we acually use it for work and have glass rack attached to carry sheets of glass around....I will however...disagree about the economics of fuel consumption...they are great on gas milage and we really save on our fuel bill.....highway milage is not as good as city driving...

.....our thrust with the truck is more for advertising and promotion rather than fuel savings......for a cheap dutchman like myself....the gas savings is a bonus.....

zippy....just try a few out before you decide which one is for you....each one has a plus or minus....gas savings?....you'll get it.....looks and stares?....yup that too.....think you will have fun driving one?.....you bet!

glenn:D

4. Colin

Colin Member

Holy crapola, now that's a post. :eek:

[​IMG]

"If you're man enough to drive a teeny-tiny little truck ever day, go for it." :p