1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choosing a truck

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by pop, Jan 26, 2009.

1. pop

pop New Member

I am pretty confused. Is there a big difference between the Daihatsu mini truck and the Suzuki mini truck? I know the Daihatsu, I'm told has a bigger cab, slightly? Any other good bad points on either?
    Thanks for your anticipated input.

Pop

2. jtpc

jtpc Member

I did a thread in the Daihatsu Thread area comparing the Hijet with the Subaru, but I've never driven a Suzuki to make a comparison about.
    You can read what I wrote for some insight into the Hijet though if you want.

~Josh

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Two must read threads:

Here and here

This will point out the difference between the brands by someone who has owned them
    and the other thread shows what to look for as far as problems go.

4. Meesho

Meesho Member

Carry & Hijet are very similar in terms of how everything is set-up (mid engine, engine hatch in bed, engine under seat, easy to lift, lots of aftermarket wheels, many with diff & axle lock etc etc)

Yes, you will get a couple extra inches of leg room in a Hijet.

I would stick to these 2 models. These two models sold 10 times more than the others. This means you will have a better selection to choose from and parts will be easier to find/cheaper to buy.

5. pop

pop New Member

Buying

Thanks to everyone for their very helpful emails/posts on my search for info to decide what to buy. I am now leaning heavy towaards a Hijet. Now to make the decision of when to jump into what appears to be some pretty happy members, at least on this site.....Regards

6. Badgerland

Badgerland Member

I certainly wouldn't rule out the Mitsubishi Minicabs either! Personally, I rate the Suzukis and Mitsu's at the top of my fav list. The Mitsu has a tad more room than the Carry. I have a very clean 92 right now and its just a fabulous lil truck.

Just something else to weight into your decision. ;)