1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

choice of 2 mini trucks

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by web365ster, Nov 26, 2022.

1. web365ster

web365ster New Member

I have a choice of 2 local mini trucks, I am going to buy one but neither /quite/ suits my needs.

It will primarily be for on-road use,
    Anyways, the 2 nearest trucks to me that I'm interested in (both are still 100+ miles away) are:

1: 1987 mitsubishi. Very clean, supercharged 550cc 5 speed 4x4.

2: 1992 mitsubishi. less clean but still decent, 660cc 4 speed 4x4 w/ dump box.

Anyone here driven both a supercharged 550 and a early 90's 660? Are they similar in performance? I'm just worried about the 550 being a dog.

So I ask of you mini truck forum, which do you think suits my needs best?

2. Kevin in NC

Kevin in NC Member Supporting Member

Not to sound like a smart ass, but test drive each and make your choice. Taking a day off and burning a tank of gas is cheap compared to not test driving and then end up with something you hate. I drove 200 miles to test drive mine. It was a dump truck and that's what I wanted, so while I was there I didn't bother to drive any of the other non-dumps they had on their lot. If you're primarily driving on the road, the dump bed is more weight for a feature you don't need. The truck with the smaller engine but supercharged and 5 speed might be the one for you. My Suzuki 4 speed dump has really peppy acceleration at lower speeds, but it tops out at about 50 or so on the highway. I'm not driving on the highway, just on trails in the woods and the dirt road in front of my property. Let us know how it works out for you.
    Kevin in NC

3. morningwood

morningwood New Member

get both of them ha ha