1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CHIBI'S getting a makeover

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by downhere, Jul 10, 2012.

1. downhere

downhere Member

It's been awhile since i've posted but just wanted to give an update on my Deck Van. It has been a work in progress as most of our trucks are. To date I have done the following: Daytime running light module and new headlights, Swapped out the stereo to a Pioneer deck with 4 Pioneer speakers, installed rear seat belts, new tires on ITP rims and numerous oil changes. Well Chibi was really starting to show her age so it's time for some new colour. I have a friend who owns a body shop and is helping me out. I have been doing all the prep myself minus his help on pulling a couple of dents. One more night of tear down and i'll be ready for sanding. I will also be helping on the spraying end. I'm questioning whether to put the roll bar back on as this is a street machine not off road? Also my idea for colour is BMW Mini Laser Blue. I'm also thinking about doing either a white stripe or a black one down the roof, front and tail gate. Any input would be appreciated. I'm hoping to have it prepped and ready for paint this weekend. Once it's back together I will be getting an over the rail bed liner sprayed in. After that later in the year I will be focusing on the interior. IMG_0969.JPG IMG_0971.JPG IMG_0972.JPG IMG_0973.JPG IMG_0974.JPG 1476_24746.jpg

2. Deanclean

Deanclean Member

Looks awesome so far. Lots of hard work. Looking forward to seeing the finished paint job.

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

+1 on the white stripe