1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chevy Tornado Pick Up. Ever seen one?

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by TRAX and HORNS, Jun 21, 2011.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Yesterday on the way home I stopped by and was getting some adult beverages. When I walked outside there was a little truck. Bout the same size of a mini truck but it had the nose/hood up front. Guys this thing was cool. I thought this is something I could drive around town. As I walked to the rear the plates were from Mexico. Wouldnt you know it, cant get them here in the states. Its got a 1.8L engine 107hp. Its about as long as a mini truck but not as tall and about same width. Google it, its pretty cool. Chevy Tornado.

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

That's cool...the funny thing is ..american car companies have lost touch with what we want to drive ...700 different suv's and crossovers and 1 size of truck ...the mini truck craze of the late 70's and early 1980's would happen again if the vehicles were available....loved my F350..hated the $300 a week gas bill

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Subaru Brat they made back in the 70's.

Attached Files:

4. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Damn, that's nice! I'd drive one...

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

heh cool!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. erixun

erixun Member

That is pretty cool. It is weird to me that american car companies build some cool vehicles for other countries and we get the cookie cutter models.

I remember being over seas and seeing small four door nissan pickup trucks, then I would come back home and nothing like that on the market. Then let some years go by and then they "introduce" them as a "new design", and they sell like hotcakes.

I wish that you had access to ALL models of vehicles that a company produced. Go to the dealership, look through a catalog and order one. I know that there is a big difference in safety standards in different parts of the world, and while I agree with most of them, there is that little part of me that says I should drive whatever I want if I decide to. And the safety argument has a huge hole in it in my opionion, like these street legal 90cc motorcycle/scooter things have any protection?!?! Yet you can get one of those and cruise the highways....

7. fupabox

or the electric full size scooters..no license-insurance-helmet required....:frustration::confused::confused::confused:
    the reason we didn't get the 4 door trucks till recently was the way that the import quotas used to be calculated...unless a manufacturer (say Nissan, for example) built a certain # of vehicles in North America..then they were restricted to the # and type of vehicles they could import...trucks with 4 doors counted as passenger cars and therefore we got the 2 door versions(also the crash standards ..side impact mostly) were different for trucks and cars..4 doors again made a truck into a passenger vehicle and better crash standards needed to be met....all a bunch of nasty ass red tape....I would buy one of those "Ute's" as the Aussies call them...perfect for my gf's needs...

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

9. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  10. fupabox

some of those are damn nice:)....Can someone explain the point of having this North American economic zone with Mexico Canada and the U.S.A. ??? All 3 have different safety standards and some vehicles made in one country are illegal in the other 2...what the hell is the point of free trade then?? we can't even decide on a common safety code and Mexico builds many of the vehicles sold in Canada and the U.S.A. in the same plant ,to a different standard than their own ...the entire idea is absurd:p:confused:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011