1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest insurance

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Dylan Carpenter, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Dylan Carpenter

Dylan Carpenter New Member

I’ve been searching around for insurance for my 1993 sambar and everything thing I’m getting I think is too expensive. My last quote is from progressive and it is $399 for 6 months. They won’t do just liability because the vehicle being foreign. I am 21 years old so I know my rates are going to be higher but still. Anyone out there know of a insurance company that is decent and cheaper than what I have found? Thank you

2. Nicholas Harteau

Nicholas Harteau New Member

$352/year from hagerty in NYC, but I am old and boring.

Henryrose likes this.
  3. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

Insurance costs are going to vary wildly person to person.

Progressive lets me do Liability Only. My Sambar costs me $151/6mos, but I have 3 other vehicles on the policy and I have a long driving history. I previously had Amica, who was similar in price as well.

4. Dylan Carpenter

Dylan Carpenter New Member

Hagerty quoted me $600 a year, so I think I am going to go with that for now.

5. Wonko

Wonko Member

That is about what I got from Hagerty too. The best part is they even have the Sambar as a drop down in their options. I generally use State Farm, and they were giving me all kinds of fits over it. It just wasn't worth the trouble. Hagerty seems to be the place to go now.

6. thatbluebenz

thatbluebenz New Member

As of October 2022, Progressive got me a policy for $205/6 months. I just called the progressive number and started a new auto policy. The lady on the phone was extremely helpful and she handled the Sambar with no trouble at all. I'm a college student having only ever been on my Dad's insurance, and having my own motorcycle policy, but they still let me have just liability no problem.

7. Kie

Kie New Member

I have other cars and a bike with Hagerty. My '97 Sambar is less than half of what State Farm quoted. And I have two BMWs with State Farm as well as other policies. I also think the rural South and my age and currently clean record help. I was surprised how inexpensive the Sambar insurance is. Just have liability.