1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carry K6A won't crank

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Gerry, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Gerry

Gerry New Member

My Carry won't crank, but if we pull it for about 1/2 mile, it will start. Once it warms, it will crank for the rest of the day. But, next day, won't start. Throttle Position Sensor???

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Sounds more like a cold start enrichment issue. Either too much or too little fuel.

The tps being bad, would normally, be expected to effect drivability any time it was running.

3. Gerry

Gerry New Member

Thanks Jigs. It there a solution to the problem you suspect?
    Codes showed MAP sensor (which I had already replaced prior to the code being shown) and TPS, which I had removed, tested and re-installed.

4. Gerry

Gerry New Member

Well, Jigs...
    I guess I said thanks too quickly!

5. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

wont crank as in starter not turning the flywheel? or no start? if its no crank, 100% not the throttle position sensor and its likely a starter/ignition switch/relay issue

6. Gerry

Gerry New Member

Thanks Maximal...
    Turns over fine. pulled plugs which are firing. put a shot of either, no help. fuel pump supplying fuel (actually bypassed and used electric pump just to be sure).
    It will not crank immediately upon pulling, as it has to be pulled several hundred yards.
    Apparently something is building up while being pulled (fuel, vacuum, pressure, etc.???).
    Once it cranks, it runs fine and cranks fine, until it sits up overnight.
    My guess was that it was somehow loosing fuel while setting up and would take a while to resupply. I have since ruled that out.
    The analysis shows possible MAP sensor (which I had already replaced before testing), and TPS. Only TPS I can find is overseas, so I have not replaced that (yet).

>