1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb Tuning Techniques

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Don-in-Japan, Dec 13, 2008.

1. J.Bradley

J.Bradley New Member

Hello All,

I just bought my first Mini Truck and need some assistance. The Carb was full of ethanol goodies so I have cleaned it and looks good now, The issue is I need just the gaskets and o-rings, I tried to save as much as I could but some never make it. Is there somewhere I could get just the gaskets? Also it there a way to find the age? I found a Disney world tag and badges but have not found a way to tell the year. It is a U14DQHPDL2M.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Check on the seatbelt where it bolts to the body. Should have a tag sewed on stating month and year of manufacture.

3. J.Bradley

J.Bradley New Member

I saw the post to look there but there are no seat belts in there. I was told it is a 1991 but cannot find where they made the U14d past 1990.

4. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Take a picture of the data plate. I may be able to run the numbers tomorrow.

No promises though. Really needs the info off the original/export title.

5. Dan

Dan Member

They stamped a serial number on the body under the drivers seat. These Lefty's were imported through 1994. Post the number and I'll see if it's listed in the books I held on to.

6. Dan

Dan Member

It appears that the carb did not change for the entire run of the Americanized Mitsubishi. MD 617058 is the gasket kit for the carb body. It doesn't include the pump diaphragm MD 617046.

7. J.Bradley

J.Bradley New Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dan

Dan Member

The info on the plate is just for the assembly options at the factory. The serial number of the truck is stamped directly on the white portion of the body to the rear of the seat opening.

9. J.Bradley

J.Bradley New Member

10. Dan

Dan Member

Your truck was built in the second term of September in 1991

11. J.Bradley

J.Bradley New Member

Great, Thanks for the help. On the hunt for carb gaskets or a rebuild kit now.

12. Crespo

Crespo New Member

I need mine rebuild how will it cost me for the 3G81 carb kit

13. Rong

Rong New Member

I bought a Cushman van with the 4g82 I found it says Mikuni on carb. What model is the carb? I need some gaskets.

14. chris allen

chris allen Member

can you rebuild 3g81 carb text me 3102835316

15. chris allen

chris allen Member

3g83 engine for sale and 4x4 transmission 3102835316 text me

16. chris allen

chris allen Member

Can you still rebuild carb 3102835316

17. Jim Harrison

Jim Harrison New Member

I have a 1999 Cushman Haulster with a Mikuni carburetor that needs to be overhauled (it's flooding); and a 1998 White truck with a different Mikuni that the secondary jet is not working-it is not pulling the slide up-it falls on its face after acceleration. I've tried 2 carburetor repair shops here in the San Diego area and they are unable to the repairs.

Does anyone know someone who can overhaul these carbs? Seems like they are a specialized animal. Thanks for any help or advice.

-Jim

18. silver tiger

silver tiger New Member

Do you have any new carb piston valves MD617359 for a Mitsubishi U15l 3g81 left hand drive ?

19. MTCushman

MTCushman New Member

Dan, not sure if you are still on here.. But I have a Cushman white truck left hand drive 4g82.. It is stamped under the seat 60B229T. I am trying to find a new or rebuild kit for the carb... Also I don't know what year it is. Any help with that would be much appreciated.. metspt@yahoo.com.