1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb issues

Discussion in 'Performance' started by powersryan6818, Apr 13, 2022.

1. powersryan6818

powersryan6818 New Member

I have a 1990 Suzuki Carry and I just took off the carb, cleaned it, put it back and replaced all the vacuum lines to help it run better. Now it won’t even start unless you have you foot holding the gas pedal down and as soon as you let off it dies. Won’t idle up or anything just sits and putters trying to die with your foot all the way down on the gas. I tried adjusting both carb adjustments and seems like they aren’t working. Any ideas?

2. Evan S.

Evan S. New Member

I have the exact same problem. I don’t know what to do.

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Is the charcoal canister plugged up? What is the fuel pressure at the carb inlet.

4. powersryan6818

Since then, I bought a new carb, replaced all fuel lines, put in new fuel filters, distributor cap, rotor and still nothing. Has spark on the 1st cylinder but no spark to cylinder 2 and 3

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Do you have points? Have checked the plug wires?

Spark on #1, but not 2&3 is strange. Not much which would cause that.

6. powersryan6818

Not sure on what you mean by points. The plugs aren’t that old but 2 and 3 always seem to be a lot more discolored than 1. So maybe wires 2 and 3 are bad?

7. Jigs-n-fixtures

Inside the distributor is there a set of contact points?

8. powersryan6818

Inside the cap yes. Just replaced it with a brand new one

9. Jigs-n-fixtures

Get dwell meter and see what dwell angle your points are at. Sounds like the points are only opening, and triggering the coil for cylinder 1, and staying closed for the other two cylinders. Which says that the gap is too small, and dwell angel is too high.

10. powersryan6818

Okay, thanks!