1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carb connection

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by melly, May 15, 2017.

1. melly

melly New Member

hey people i have a 1992 suzuki i need a schematic of the carb lines ,this one has been taken apart i have a vac line schematic but need the rest thx

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. rugerman

rugerman Member

Melly,

U looking for the carb coolant line routing, the coolant lines that run the choke circuits?

4. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I thought I was a member of that forum but I still can't open the pics!
    I want to see about either a new carb or finding someone to rebuild mine?

ReyAn likes this.
  5. fmartin_gila

I'm not a member there either, all I do is click on the thumbnails and they pop up full size to view.

Fred

6. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I know there was a thread that showed where all the vac lines went, but I wasn't able to open them anymore!
    Does anyone have a PDF or something that I could even print off?

7. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Hey Fred is there somewhere I could even buy a service manual for my 91 Carry that isn't over $100?

8. fmartin_gila

The only one(s) I have heard of to purchase is Lulu or Danko or something like that.

Fred

9. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

I got one of the engine manuals from GR imports. I get it today so Ill take a look and see if there is any diagrams in there. Their manuals are only $25.

10. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Please keep me posted!

11. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

12. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

OK now I have questions! Thanx this really helps!
    In one of the pics there is a vacuum switch, from an over head view it looks like by the trans, carb side?
    Next is there an Idle switch as well as ancarb idle up?
    One is a pic the other is #2 on diagram.
    And as well where is the choke #3?

13. Wheelie

Wheelie Member

Not really following you but there is two round gold colored vacuum diaphragms on the carb. If your facing the carb from the drivers side looking into the carb the diaphragms are on the left of the carb. all bolted to the carb. follow your stock lines and determine if your carb is a 3+2 or 2+3 which basically determines how many vacuum ports are on your carb ( the ones in the back pointing straight up) and on which side is the 2 ports or 3 ports in correlation to the front of the truck. Know that the idle up diaphram is the one in the back top left #2 hose ends up. the bottom left is the choke pull off diaphragm #3 hose connects to. There is also a triangular vacuum controlled thingy in the front left. That has the one with all the tee's coming off and going into the 4 nippled intake thermostatic valve. I would test all of these and confirm they hold vacuum with a hand pump vacuum gauge. Mine were all good and Im still having the stalling when warm but I haven't tested every vacuum controlled item yet. I highly suggest you read the whole thread where those vacuum diagrams are located. Its also explained in the photo portion of the diagram. You must familiarize yourself with the system in order to understand it when your looking at it. Identify which carb you have first. Mine were all good and Im still having the stalling when warm. Im getting closer to a fix so Ill let you know what I find. your probably going through the same thing I am. Im leaning towards egr (which Im going to eliminate), coil, fuel pump or manifold vacuum control valve with the 4 nipples or the many other vacuum controlled emissions shit is on these things. Slowly but surely !

14. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I hear that I need to do the carb rebuild too!
    Search doesn't seem to work too well!

15. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

OK looks like 3mm vac line. How many feet?
    What will I need to do about deleting the EGR?