1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camber adjustment? stock ride height

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Amadeus, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus New Member

Hi everyone,
    (1996 Acty HA4) New to mini trucks and the forum. I have positive camber and I'm trying to adjust to neutral to prevent additional tire wear. Aftermarket springs were installed on the stock shocks before I purchased it. I have a service manual that lists alignment specs but not how to adjust camber on the front wheels. The diagrams show a standard bolt (not an adjustable camber bolt) on the inside mount of the lower control arm. The strut itself can't be adjusted since it slides into a pocket on the knuckle. There's no obvious way to adjust camber that I can see.
    Is there a way to adjust camber?

Adam C Spry likes this.
  2. Adam C Spry

Adam C Spry Member Supporting Member

Hi, Amadeus,
    check out this video. I cant remember if he only has camber adjustment because of the lift, or not, but subscribe to the channel, there is a ton of good info.

Tyni93 likes this.
  3. Amadeus

Amadeus New Member

Thanks - I've seen his channel and use it for reference. The lift kit came with an adjustable camber plate. I'm still hoping someone knows a way to adjust on stock ride height.

Adam C Spry likes this.
  4. Mark Niehaus

Mark Niehaus New Member

I have the same issue with my ‘93 Acty. It had a positive camber when I bought it, and still have it after replacing the springs (300lb). Did you ever get an answer on how to correct it?

5. no true easy way to adjust camber on our MacPherson struts. Cheapest and easiest solution is you can get strut mounts that have adjustment or you can get drill out and get wobble bolts for at the bottom.

6. Mark Niehaus

Mark Niehaus New Member

Thank you for the response. It is a bit strange that Honda didn’t build in an adjustment for this. I wonder how they intended to correct this issue when it came up?

Oh well, next time.

Thanks again