1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying another truck

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Tony Evers, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I'm going to offer some advice, For importing your own truck from Japan. My first truck was a 1996 suzuki Carry. Through Scott Bower at japancardirect.com The purchase of that truck was done at auction and inspected by a mechanic at auction and reported to Scott. Effectively allowing me to purchase a vehicle I knew would be in operable condition once it arrived to Vancouver port with little work except coolants .
    The second route I have used is beforward.jp . They have a great staff and will work with you to find a vehicle you are comfortable with. With a predetermined price. I like that option because I was able to pick the vehicle I wanted within my budget. As far as I know it is the only dealer like it. They claim to have 140,000 vehicles within any budget. I bought a 2000 Hilux Surf (toyota 4runner) delivered to vancouver all in for $5700. with 70,000 Km.
    I liked it so much that I am now in process of bringing in one more. This time the 1998 Hijet with 26,000 Km . All in from beforward.jp to Vancouver for $2000 .
    I must say one more thing. Scott Bower offers the best service for your dollar. Albeit the fees associated with buying from auction. add about $1400 to anything you buy. If you have the extra money go with japancardirect.com . especially for first time buyers.
    These are all quoted in Canadian funds so my friends down south can save up to 30% .
    Thats it--- happy hunting
    Tony

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Hey Toney
    None of my Business but you know what you have in the hand, once you let that go you run the risk of getting a real LEMON as in CAPITAL YELLOW
    I paid $6800 for my truck , drove to Tenn to pick it up. I didn't even get a Kiss. I got SCREWED it runs and that is it. nothing works on it
    I turned on the defrosters and got blasted with rat turds out of the dash vents, the defrosters don't work.
    Buy another if you want and the price is right. make sure everything works the way you want, make sure its dependable. then IF you must. sell yer first one.
    Or you can play with it.
    See ya later Toney
    Shane
    OH YEAH Mine is a 94 DD51T

3. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

well it is something to think about. I guess there is the chance of getting hosed by my next truck. But I was kind of hoping to make a few bucks with my hobby. I have a new question. My friend from Germany crashed my rear cross member because he's a stupid 4 wheeler. My Fault, I just figured all guys no how to clear a log. any way My rear cross member got mangled pretty bad. I can fix it, but would like to replace with a better alternative. any ideas ?
    Tony

PS My thoughts are leaning towards a 2" tube with flat plate at top to attach transmission mounts to.

4. That sounds good, or even some of that channel iron, oh I might have seen that on some one elses post. Can you work a 2" square piece in there for a hitch mount? just an idea. Or maybe some of that round bar under your gas tank like a skid plate.

Sorry I was thinking farther back

5. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I'm leaning towards a 2 1/2 pipe with curved profile. those cross members with the straight edge seem to catch every log on the property. Got her fixed this morning but have to order new rubber mounts. Bummer because little rubber pieces are almost $100.
    Tony

6. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

I meant to say that I'm going to replace the straight cross members that support my engine and transmission with a 2" 3/4" pipe cut in half length wise. I'm hoping the round profile will stop me from catching snags and twisting cross members and ripping off rubber mounts as happened last weekend. It should work like a charm. I plan on welding a flat plate to top of halved pipe for strength. I don't mean to go through these hairy spots but I need to access areas of the forest for invasive weed control.
    Tony

7. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

Not totally related to last paragraphs posted. but if any one is looking to buy a new truck to you. Check out ---- Beforward.jp I came across a few sweet deals over the last few weeks. Like a Hi-jet delivered to any west coast for $2200 U SD with 40,000 Km I'll take take that. Scott Bower from japancardirect.com is great but if you want to save your self about a $1000 -$2000 go to Beforward.jp
    Tony

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015