1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big guy with a new mini truck!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dan360, Nov 3, 2019.

1. dan360

dan360 New Member

Hello everybody!

Long story short I have been wanting my own mini truck since seeing them in action around the Kobe industrial parks during a work trip to Japan.

So now I have one. A 1991 Subaru Sambar 4x4 dump.

No diff lock but it does well off road.

I’m 6’2 and 320 lbs. Body type is relative but I can fit into and drive my Sambar without much trouble at all.

Looking to learn all about maint upkeep and tinkering on these trucks.

Cheers

2. Reese Allen

Reese Allen Member

Nice. If I ever get a kei truck, I'm going to try to get a dump version, too.

What's your VIN/engine code?

Any pics?

3. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Welcome!

4. dan360

dan360 New Member

It's kind of a beater--imported by an individual a few years back. I'll get some pictures when I get back up to the tree farm next week. Never abused just used. Came from a big Japanese industrial company, have seen a few like it up for auction...they put high viz orange epoxy liner in the bed and they have a little blue-green sticker on the LF corner of the front end that looks like a JA or JL.

Chassis code is KS4-08583X

Engine code is EN07C

Its runs absolutely beautiful. No engine noises or weird operational issues. Everything works great, cab is very clean but the dump bed is kinda rough and it's been near salt because the chassis has been "rustproofed" black.

I paid less than $4,000 for it and drove it home.