1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Best" Kei Truck for off road utility use?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Nailcreek, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Nailcreek

Nailcreek New Member

I've been kicking around finding a Kei truck as a off-road utility vehicle - muddy logging trails, fields, woods. Of the ones past the 25 y mark, which represents the truck with the best balanced features for trail use - 4WD, low/ locking differential being table stakes? Which is most reliable, best lends itself for off road use with minimal modification? Does the Sambar with the rear engine have an advantage with weight distribution v. the Carry or Hi-jet? Which is easiest to lift without drive train or suspension problems to enable better off road tires to be used? What else are key factors here?

I understand everyone has their preferences, but what represents a consensus? As I'm in Wisconsin, on road use is questionable at best - so I'm focused on off road utility use.

2. Puddle

Puddle Member

I do not know the best and I am a new owner, but my Sambar is a little Billy Goat. I am very happy with its capabilities. I plan on getting a Suzuki for the lockers, but am happy with no locker for now.

Nailcreek likes this.