1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery tray cover?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by TetsuKuma, Sep 12, 2007.

1. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Does anyone have a picture of the battery tray cover on the Mitsubushi? I can see an attachment point on my tray but have no idea how the cover is formed. The reason I ask is I am going to have to do some cut and weld work to remove / repair rusted out areas and I wanted to create a new cover while at it.
    Thanks for any info.

2. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

i have the stock battery cover on mine, look it my pic's i think there is one there, if not go to my facebook page just seach wyatt waters, i have a lot of pictures there.
    hope this helps...everything is on mine so if you need to see something else let me know.
    wyatt

3. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

sorry its taking so long, but i had some computer problems :( but i think i got that sorted so i should have some to you tomorrow :D

wyatt

4. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

got them!! :D
    as you are looking at the cover the left side has one wingnut holding it in place and the right side has two screws in the side of the battery carrier that the battery cover slides down onto then the wingnut is put in. hope this helps :D

wyatt

Attached Files:

5. Mini4WD

Mini4WD Member

Wyatt... from the two photos you posted, it looks like you have a tool box on the battery side of the truck. Do you also have a tool box on the other side too? I only have a toolbox on the driver's side and thought about gettng another toolbox to go on the passenger's side to use as a battery box. Was just curious if you did have 2 toolboxes on your truck.

6. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

no just one:) the battery and the cargo box is on the left side, i only say that because i don't know if you can tell from the picture. my truck is a RHD from japan:D

wyatt

7. Mini4WD

Mini4WD Member

Mine is also a RHD too but my battery and tool box is on opposite sides. Thats why I'm thinking of adding another tool box to install the battery in. That way both sides would look alike and the battery would be out of the way and out of sight.

8. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

maybe because yours is older that they put things in different places ;) its seems that some of these truck even the same year have some small differents. i asked a guy from japan once if he could de-code the model numbers but he couldn't help the model number of mine is V-U42T HFSV 5 the ser# is U42T-0103020. i think the model would break down what the truck has on it, like cars and truck here but no luck so far ;(

wyatt

9. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Hey Wyatt, thanks for the pix! Looks like a plastic piece. No wonder no one can find them, they must self-destruct pretty fast. I had to remove my tool box also as it was totally rusted through. A nice WWII (early type) .30 cal. ammo box and some steel flat iron and it was replaced no problem.

10. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

hey got more battery box pic's...yes its plastic and there kinda hard to get off and on so i can see why there is not many around :(. as you can see i am charging my battery...i was putting my new tach in and changing my day time running lights so my battery was dead:frustration: so i could not go for a test spin nut i went later that night:D

Attached Files:

• 45.JPG
      45.JPG
      File size:
      57 KB
      Views:
    • 46.JPG
      46.JPG
      File size:
      82 KB
      Views:
  11. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

Boy I would sure like to get my hands on one of those tool boxes and the battery box covers for mine!

12. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

you i didn't even know that there was a cover over the battery until i bought my truck...all the ones i seen had no cover so i thought that's the way they were. i am glad it does have a cover, it really finish's it off :D
    wyatt

13. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

Cheap alternative

If anybody comes across this thread looking for battery box alternatives, I just wanted to say that I found a vented plastic battery box at my local boating supply. I had to saw off the the plastic handles that were molded into the sides to make it fit on the truck's built-in shelf, but it works fine and only cost $14.

And it's Coast Guard certified ... in case you're ever pulled over by the Coast Guard. ;)

Robb

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    Jdar likes this.
  14. G1LB3RT

G1LB3RT New Member

Post the pics guys!

15. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

Here's my cheap box from the marine supply store

The strap and buckle were included with the box and they work just fine. Hopefully you can see in the second shot how I notched the cover to fit the stock platform.

Robb

Attached Files: