1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Parts Store Follies

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Ohkei Dohkei, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Against my better judgement I went to Auto Zone today. I hate going there because they don't know much and they ask at every opportunity for every bit of personal info they can get. My valve spring compressor does not fit the valve springs on the mini truck. So I went there to hopefully find a different design that would work on smaller springs. They had one that looked like it could work in their "loan a tool" program. Essentially you buy the tool and bring it back for a refund when you are done. Well the counter monkey asks for my phone number and I reply that I don't have one. He says I have to give them one if I want the tool so I tell him "867-5309" He types it in while he says "...and your name is... Jenny" I reply yes and look up at the screen to see it is full of Jenny's and one Jenny Jenny with that phone number. I leave with my tool. The counter monkey realizes he has been had, but doesn't get the joke! I guess he didn't see the number on the wall.

2. OhDeer

OhDeer Active Member Supporting Member

For a good time call...

That number works at most everywhere that has a phone number for a bonus card/discount as well.

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.
  3. Bookworm

Bookworm New Member

I usually use 362 4368

Because I'm an AC/DC fan.

Not because I lead a life of crime.

Ohkei Dohkei likes this.