1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Around the world in a mini truck

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by steve_nagoya, Dec 9, 2007.

1. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

They made it! They finished the Mongol Rally! The guys are hanging out there a couple of dates. Seems like there are lots of Japanese imports in Mongolia and we are trying to drum up some business! Blog has been updated.

2. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Almost done

As for a few minutes ago, the guys are on the ferry from Vladisvostok Russia to Toyama Japan. They'll arrive on Wednesday morning and finish at our yard some time in the afternoon. They will have been gone for 9 week, travelled from London England thorugh France, Germany, Czech, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, the full length of Russia, almost full length of Mongolia, and finish after going over 15,000kms!

Not bad for a Subaru mini van with a 660cc engine.

3. Subaru

Subaru Member

glad to hear all made it home safe and sound.
    you guys have said and done alot for the KEI truck community:D

Thanks again

when is the DVD version for sale;)

4. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

THEY ARE BACK!!! A day later than expected due to customs issues at the port. They arrived around 3:30pm to much fanfare. Tired, tanned, skinnier, and relieved, the guys did over 20,000kms, 13 countries, 69 days all in one little mini van.

Next chapter,me and my brother Shawn hitting North America to finish in Halifax. Stay tuned!

5. Subaru

Subaru Member

With recent changes in JCE,is the north american tour still a possibility?
    Hope so,then I can buy the van:cool:

6. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

New Update:

I'd like to do the North American side of the rally once we get everyone sorted and paid back. Still want to keep the dream of going around the world in a mini van! But, first things first: people need their trucks/money back before we leave. And, the van still needs work!

7. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

good to hear from Y'all , keep me posted.
    larry

8. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I will soon be posting some you-tube footage of the van. I'll post here the link. The van looks like its been half way around the world. And the smell inside of the two guys...well, enough said, this is a family-oriented forum :)

9. Colin

Colin Member

Cool. :D .....