1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting Camber???

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by gregw98, Oct 11, 2008.

1. gregw98

gregw98 Member

I have a 91 Daihatsu Jumbo 2WD. Irecently removed the 3 inch lift kit and the rough terrain tires in favor of 13 inch wheels/tires. I am having a slight tire rub problem, so I think I need a 1 1/2 lift. The main reason I removed the 3 inch lift was because of a Camber problem. I did a search and found no absolute answer. So is there
    a way to adjust camber, if so, how?

2. slimbad

slimbad Member

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

My 99 Daihatsu has no factory camber adjustment.

-Greg

4. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

mine had trouble rubbing on turns with deep dish wheels . they make a wider arc and hit the fenders. i ended up putting a FWD offset wheel on front & still had to trim a bit.

5. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

how much back spacing do you have on the wheels you are using? you can check this by laying the wheel face down on a bench making sure not to scratch it,and putting a flat bar across the inside lip of the wheel (the outter most part) and then check the space between the bolt face (the side that touches the hub) and that is your back spacing. next put a square across the hub bolt pattern and check the space from the square to the closes part to the hub face. if the back spacing of the wheel is more then the clearance, you will need wheel spacers or different wheels. when looking for wheels, most sites and shops give you the info in "+ offset" these numbers you will get are in millimeters and if you are working in inchs just divide the millimeters by 25.42 and you will get inchs of off-set. add 3/4" for AL rims and 3/8" for steel. but the odd site will give you back spacing in inchs so then you are good to go.
    for a site that has inchs for back spacing...check packracingproducts.com they have superlites.
    hope this helps:D
    wyatt

6. gregw98

gregw98 Member

Not sure of the offset, but it is too much. The tires stick out about 2 1/2 inches. Milt's wheels are along the right track. I am learning to drive with these, just need to stay out of the mud puddles, gets mud all over sides of truck.

7. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

mine stick out just enough to spit water on my side view mirrors when i drive through a puddle... :frustration:

8. bradrenea

bradrenea New Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008