1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acty trans compatibility

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Cody, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Cody

Cody New Member

Does anyone know if the trans from a hh3/ha3 is compatible with the engine from a hh2/ha2. I have a 89 street with a bad tranny and was wondering if anyone had come across this before. If not, if someone would be kind enough to check their transmission numbers so I could cross reference them with mine it would be a huge help.

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Go to "suzuki.epcdata.ru/carry/" or Megazip and you can do some cross-referencing of the models & part numbers.

Fred

3. Cody

Cody New Member

So they aren't the same part number. Mine is a L9-xxxxxxx and the 4wd ones for the 660cc motor seem to be Z9-xxxxxxx. Still I wonder if there is a possibility of capability?

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I can't be of any help to you on that. Sometime back and I don't remember the thread or which vehicles were mentioned, there was a statement that most engines could be interchanged with the exception of one that was designated 3g.... or something on that order. Here is a thought - these vehicles were produced to be marketed throughout the world and depending on the market they were going to they had different sized engines. I do not know if they used the same trans with different engines or not. I do know some vehicles had the higher gears blocked so they could not be used in some markets, even though the gear or the blank gear is physically there. Unless someone actually knows and will chime in, you are pretty much on your own to do some serious searching to research your project. Can you work out a deal with someone to 'buy only if it fits & works'?

Fred