1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acty running like a top (finally)

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by d rock, Feb 22, 2008.

1. d rock

d rock Member

since i posted a while back about my rich running Acty, i thought i'd better give an update. Just drove it back from my mechanic's after swapping in another carb. the carb was sourced through a local dealer which scored it from their source in the US somewhere. its not the same carb that was in the Acty, it does not have all the emission related gizmo's, but it works great. Drove the 20 km home and my fuel needle didn't move at all! forgot how much fun driving this truck is!

2. BLES

BLES Member

Glad to hear you're finally back on the road running strong!
    BLES

3. d rock

d rock Member

yeah, lovin zippin around the city again, i have to put it up for sale now though as I just got accepted into RCMP training and leave later this week. the truck doesn't do me any good as i need something worthy of the highway trips back and forth between Regina and Winnipeg every other weeknd or so. if it doesn't sell, and i fluke a good posting somewhere in Manitoba or eastern Sask then i can always make use of it again.

4. slimbad

slimbad Member

D rock, Congrats on your acceptance in RCMP, do well and enjoy. Might want to re-think selling your Acty, you never know when you might need a spare "mount" to ride. Good luck.....slim

5. Dan

Dan Member

I have wondered about carb options. I tried on several carbs when i was building an old firebird. Rochester, edelbrock, holley, carter...

My mitsu has a side-draft mikuni on it that looks a whole lot like the ones used on the yamaha R1 and a few of the hoggs rolling down the road. I've never had a carb fail to the point that i had to entirely replace it but if i did, are there many alternatives that would closely match? or even better yet, improve on the stock one.

6. draggbody

draggbody Member

not to mention the simplification of ALL of the vacuum lines... of course there are the driveability issues as far as choke/ cold start running, but i think that the end result would be great...

7. d rock

d rock Member

i was able to get the used carb for a very reasonable price so i thought rather than pay a shop to look over and try and figure out my overfuelling issues i'd just replace it. the carb that was pulled out looks good inside so not sure where exactly the issue was coming from.
    right now (in the cold) she doe's have a pretty fast cold idle, but after a few minutes on the road that kicks down.