1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACTY Radio Install

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by OldMachinist, Feb 12, 2009.

1. patricklearns

patricklearns New Member

Question for everyone here regarding the continuous wire. My radio harness for my street G had two white with blue tracer wires; one for the radio and one for the lighter, however, I'm not getting power to the unit with key turned on or off. The fuse is not blown and the original radio had power and worked. My volt meter is not getting 12 volts from that white with blue wire that was in the original radio harness. I barely have enough line to cut the cigarette lighter wire off the plastic connector and try it, but I'm reluctant to do so until I know I"m for sure doing the right thing.

Any thoughts?

2. Sam Gamble

Sam Gamble Member

That’s my exact question that needs answering. I’m having the EXACT same problem. The weird thing is that before I started the radio install I checked and labeled all my wires as to not get confused. And the one that had continuous 12v now only has it when the ignition is on. It’s not a huge deal but every time I start the truck (very frequently because right now it’s used for yard work) I have to reconnect my Bluetooth, enter the code, and reconfigure my EQ.

I will add however, there is supposed to be a hot 12v wire that always has power, and one that only has it when the key is on. Sounds like perhaps you are trying to only connect one wire? The continuous powered wire is used for radio memory only, things like settings and the clock. The other is to power the rest of the radio when the key is on.

3. Alexander the Ohkei

Alexander the Ohkei New Member

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. I blew the radio fuse while installing, replaced it, but continuous 12v wire is still not working.

4. Alexander the Ohkei

Alexander the Ohkei New Member

Figured out my issue. Multiple fuses were blown, the 10A radio fuse, plus one of the 15A fuses. Always disconnect your battery before wiring, folks!

5. Carlos A Iglesias

Carlos A Iglesias New Member Supporting Member

Are the right side connector bullet style? A little hard to tell in the picture.

6. Carlos A Iglesias

Carlos A Iglesias New Member Supporting Member

During the weekends first round of maintenance and upgrades, I did the whole radio and speakers enchilada (or is that sushi). Anyway, I confirmed that in fact the factory (pre-wired) right-hand speaker wires behind the brake master cylinder are standard bullet connectors.