1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC Switch in Suzuki

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by abcminitrucks, Jun 2, 2007.

1. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Does anyone know how the AC compressor switch works in a mid 90's Carry? I have on that will work as long as you hold the button/switch in but when you let go, the switch deactivates and the compressor turns off. The question is, is there a locking mechanism in the switch itself that is supposed to hold it in...(i took it apart and this does not appear to be the case) or does it hold it self on electronically...like a latching relay or something?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  2. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

abc,

I just checked the switch on a '92 Carry. It mechanically latches. Without the truck started, I can push the switch and it latches in, push again and it pops out. This button is about 3/4" wide and 1/4" high, it has an amber indicator light on the face. It is mounted on the dash, just to the right of the fan speed selector switch.

Hope this helps,

3. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Yep, that makes sense....I took mine apart. (it was a Bit*** to get out of the dash)...and it did not look like it was mechanical...but I figured it was..

Now on a search for an AC control button...anyone got any one? Or know where I can get one?

Thanks

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

How insistant are you that the switch looks stock? One thing I had to to on a Volvo truck, was replace the junky pushbutton A/C switch with a toggle switch when it died going through the Mojave desert in the middle of summer.