1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/C and Eco Button

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by beachbug21, Mar 4, 2023.

1. beachbug21

beachbug21 New Member

Hello everyone, I have a 96 Daihatsu S130V. The a/c button and the eco button are out, when I press them the green light does not turn on and nothing happens with either switch. It was parked for a couple months, but worked when I last used it. Power steering is out too, not sure if it’s related at all. I bought a power steering rack to change just haven’t been able to. Thanks

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

First of all check all the fuses. Also check the AC gas, usually the AC system has a hi and lo pressure switch, if pressure is too hi or low, the system will not start

Limestone likes this.
  3. beachbug21

beachbug21 New Member

Thanks for the response! Dumb question but I’m really not sure how to check the fuses under the driver’s seat. I see they are under a cover but it’s like they are black and enclosed next to the made fuse link and I can’t do anything with them. Or is there one under the driver’s side steering wheel? It is odd that both the Eco and A/C buttons would stop working and I’m sure those two are related, but not sure if the EPS going out is also related. Electric is not a strong point of mine so bare with me please lol

4. shogun

shogun Active Member

maybe a 1996 S130V owner can chime in with regards to the fuses and locations, my Hijet is a 2021 model.