1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'99 Suzuki overheat/reset ECM?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by NorthTexasMiniTrucks, Oct 20, 2011.

1. I've got a '99 Suzuki I'm working on. The thermostat apparently was stuck closed and caused the truck to overheat. I was there when it happened, but wasn't in the truck watching the temp gauge. It simply sputtered and died, like it ran out of fuel. but as soon as it did, the radiator let loose! the top tank on the radiator was toast. So I got a new radiator and thermostat installed. Filled with water, bled the system (without truck running), but the truck won't start. Doesn't sound like it's siezed up at all because it doesn't sound like the starter is even engaging. I've had the battery disconnected for several days, thinking it will reset the ECM, but it still won't start.

Does anyone know if there is a reset procedure for the ECM on a Suzuki? Trax has sent me the procedures for a Diahatsu, but I would think the procedure would be different on a Suzuki. My thought is that the truck shut down on the overheat issue, but requires a reset of some sort before it will start again. I did notice that when I hooked the battery back up and inserted the key, the beeps were not consistent, like it was beeping in code. Of course I wasn't smart enough to catch them. :frustration:

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I may try swapping ECM's with another truck I've got here to see if that does anything. Hopefully it's nothing major.