1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

98 Hijet s110 temp sensor

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Meweehaa, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Meweehaa

Meweehaa New Member

where is the temperature sensor located? The previous owner butchered the wiring so now I’m trying to piece it back together but can not find the temp sensor. They have he fan wired off of a switch which is ok I guess but the connector has two more wires in it that aren’t connected to anything.

2. Meweehaa

Meweehaa New Member

Ok so I found the temp sensor but still don’t have a schematic showing how it is wired in. Any help would be appreciated.

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

4. Meweehaa

Meweehaa New Member

I apologize for my crude drawing but this is the connector that has the switch in it. I have not checked yet but if there is a relay and I can see how it runs maybe I can build a new harness to accomodate it.

Attached Files:

5. Meweehaa

Meweehaa New Member

I have no idea what the two other contacts are for in the connector.

6. ttc

ttc Active Member

i think under the passeengers seat. i am welding teeth on an excavator bucket atm once i am done i will take a peek on my truck

7. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

The rad fan is too much load for a temp senser, so they are usually wired thru a relay to handle the current required.

Fred

8. Meweehaa

Meweehaa New Member

I was poking around under the seats looking for the fan relay. I saw a drawing out of a manual that shows the relay in a fuse panel. I see my fuse panel minus the cover but don’t see any relays.

9. ttc

ttc Active Member

Ended up in the deer blind yesterday evening. I will be home with my daughter Friday so I can take a peek on my truck see if I can take some pictures.

10. Meweehaa

Meweehaa New Member

Archery opens up in two days here so I can appreciate your detour.