1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 Acty Attack....live and learn

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by liquid chris, May 20, 2024.

1. liquid chris

liquid chris New Member

I've had this for two years now,for the most part been a good little truck around the property. A few weeks ago I took it down to the road to get the mail and it died like I turned the key off. Cranking it it tried to start but wouldn't quite fire. Towed it to the barn, pulled the hatch and pulled a plug (first mistake, I was sure it was something ignition because of the way it just died). Weak and intermittent spark. Ordered a coil and ign module from Autozone. Then I had a strong and consistent spark. Still wouldn't start. pulled the plugs again and noticed they were very wet with fuel. Crankcase had a lot of fuel in it too.

So, noting that many on this forum have solved a number of fuel problems with the carburetor solenoid(s) I bought a $33 carb vent solenoid off ebay. This thing now starts and runs better than the day I bought it.

Moral of the story.... Finish your GD diagnosis and maybe read here on this forum before throwing time and money at the little thing.

2. liquid chris

liquid chris New Member

Oh, and ps.... The battery had been weak so while at Autozone I bought the U1R lawn tractor battery (350 CCA), with just a little tweaking on the terminals went right in and works great $62

3. shogun

shogun Well-Known Member

Chris, make a signature with your car details, similar to my one, helps us to help you, example 1997 Honda Acty HA3 truck, Frame: V-HA3, Engine E07A, RHD, Japan spec., paint: white NH-528