1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 Suzuki Clutch

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by RICAHRDT, Feb 25, 2008.

1. RICAHRDT

RICAHRDT Member

Put my truck throught the test this weekend, as i just got the thing about 2 weeks ago. I was just running around the house with it, nothing real hard for it. So i decide to take it for a litte test. Well now can't get into gear Sounds or feels like the clutch might be out And i needed to get it back to the truck & since they do start in gear put it in 1St and away we went until i stop at the tralier and now nothing it won't turn over or nothing I did smell burnt something or another right before. Any ideals about the clutch problems or advice about the truck. the guy said he would give fix any problem up to 500 or just give me my money back for the truck no questions asked. Its a clean truck and had no problem until than Should i get him to fix the problems keep it or take my $$$ and run?? Help:frustration:

2. Possible Fix

If I understand your description correctly, the clutch will not dis-engage when you push the pedal in? If this is correct, we have come accros this before. The clutch disc can get hot and then freeze to the flywheel. Thus, when you push it in it just keeps going (Scary).

Get your truck on pavement first. Then with it turned off, go to 4th gear and push it as if you were attempting to push start it. The high gear ratio will break the disc free.

This is one of the issues dealer can see in a container since the clutches are "Milked" during loading and heated up. Then after turned off and clutch engaged, the adhere to the flywheel big time.

Let us know if that works for you.

3. RICAHRDT

RICAHRDT Member

Clutch

WELL,it was doing fine we took it for a ride turn it off went back for a ride 15 min. later and nothing. So i waited till next morning to try and get it back to the tralier. I started it in gear to head that way and turned it off to to get a better gear and that's when the starter just quit. So what your telling me is to put it in 4TH and try push starting it to see if tht frees it up? its got a 30 day warranty on the truck and i contacted the dealer to see what he will do he still hasn't gottne back to me. I'm going to see about the starter this afternoon when i get home. If he doesn't tell me what to do about it i'm bringin it back to get my $$$ back. I like the thing to though. thanks whatcha think about the starter? I was goin to take it off to see if it spins if it does than i sure hope the motor is frozen. that did cross my mind too