1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'93 Carry front bumper

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by keithluneau, May 6, 2012.

1. keithluneau

keithluneau New Member

After searching out my options, I found one very nice bumper that was way out of my price range, and a couple cheap ugly looking brush guards and front receiver hitch mounts. My main reasons for wanting a front bumper are to protect the radiator when dropping the front wheels in ditches, and to have a good solid place to mount a winch later if I decide I need one. Not liking the options I had, I went the other way and made my own. ;) My dad and I attacked it this weekend and got it done in two days. I wanted it up high enough so that it didn't hand down and take away clearance, and won't get caught up when crossing ditches/ruts. This is where it's at now, the only thing left is a skid plate to protect the bottom of the radiator and give it something smooth to slide on should it drag, and not get caught up like it did on the last outing. I almost pulled the plastic off when backing out of a ditch after it nosed into the other side!

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

2. 19pointbuck

19pointbuck New Member

Looks like it should work fine. Could you take pics of were and how you mounted this?

3. keithluneau

keithluneau New Member

Sure! I'll grab some soon. It's bolted through the "firewall" in front of the floorboards, with a plate inside as well, then braced down to the tubes under the plastic bumper. Hopefully this will all be strong enough when I put a winch on it later!