1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 Sambar fouled plugs

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by SMC, Dec 11, 2021.

1. SMC

SMC New Member

91 Sambar purchased 6 months ago. Changed oil and air filter after it was bought. Ran great until recently. It started running rough and eventually would not start. Inspection revealed heavy carbon and fresh gasoline on plugs. Changed plugs, wires, dist. cap, and points. Ran great for a day and began running rough again and then would not start. Plugs fouled again. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on cause and cure? Thanks

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

maybe carb needs rebuild?

3. cop on my back

cop on my back Active Member

Does sound like the carb is running too much fuel. I have looked at a spare carb that I have and they are confusing contraptions. It has a strange vacuum controlled venturi where by the bottom of the opening drops down to change the shape of the inlet, something I have not seen before. I don't have any advice on how to adjust but it does sound like the culprit.

4. SMC

SMC New Member

Thanks. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to remove the carb or an exploded view.

5. cop on my back

cop on my back Active Member

4 nuts hold it in place, pretty straight forward. Throttle cable and various vacuum lines.