1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 hijet backfiring

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by RollTider123, Aug 6, 2015.

1. RollTider123

RollTider123 Member

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know very little about engines so I turned over my truck to the maintenance guy at the high school next door to my house, he services the mini trucks they use around campus.

I have a 91 hijet that has had many issues with the vacuum lines getting clogged or blocked which has caused my truck to run rough and struggle to start. Not long ago I was attempting to start the truck and it backfired and split the muffler in half. We adjusted the vacuum line that was clogged and the truck fired right up and ran perfectly. Thought we had fixed the issue so I went and replaced the muffler. Just called the maintenance guy to see how the truck was running, he says its backfiring again and struggles to start. He said he was going to check the timing belt to see if thats what's causing the backfire issue. Any suggestions on what. Could be causing this issue?

This truck has been a pain in my a$$ and I'm bout ready to sell it.

Thanks in advance

2. RollTider123

RollTider123 Member

Any suggestions?

3. RollTider123

RollTider123 Member

I usually get good advice on here so that must mean that my post above was too general or did not make sense... I just talked with the fellow servicing my s-83p and he says The Truck is now backfiring while you drive it. It will fire right up when you start it but the back firing starts once you drive. He thinks it could be timing belt.

Any ideas?