1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

87 susuki carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by big brownman1, Feb 24, 2008.

1. big brownman1

big brownman1 New Member

bought this truck cheap very straight runs but smokes and oil is coming from tail pipe.Do i need to find new motor or is there any rebuild kits availabe.Anyone have info on prices availability etc or diagnoses.Any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. dutchman

dutchman New Member

87suzuki carry

Hey BBM. You'll probably get all kinds of suggestions on this one. My thought is you are likely looking at rings and valve stem wipers. Pull engine and "git 'er done"! Aussie guys have a site called suzishop. Pull it up and you can look at a manual for a 550 cc Suzi engine in an '82 Hatch. That works. I would suggest you have machine shop look at head before you get wild about the rest of the project. I'm told the valves and the possibility of a warped head on these present a real expensive problem. For my money, new rings and break the glaze in the cylinders (if you can get by without boring it out) and put the thing back together and have fun with it. If you have to bore it, go to the 660 pistons and rings and drive on. You might want to go with new pan gasket while motor is out. These little guys bottom end is built hell-for-stout. Mains and crank bearings will likely not be a problem. Make sure you mark them and put them right back in the same holes. Watch your torque settings (from 550 Hatch manual) and use a clicker torque wrench. So much for that. Free information is worth exactly what you pay for it.

3. big brownman1

big brownman1 New Member

thanks dutchman

I like your way of thinking that was my similiar thoughts.Iwant to think u very much for the site and info.Im just taking my time and want to be able to enjoy it and it would take me longer to get to that point if i paid 6000.oo upfront then i wouldnt have had as much fun.