1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4x4 motor swap idea

Discussion in 'Performance' started by jong1969, Aug 20, 2012.

1. jong1969

jong1969 New Member

I'm new to mini trucks and I am looking for some info on engine swap ideas for a 4 wheel drive. I'm thinking of a Mazda b13 turbo.I know there lite,small and pretty cheap to make stupid power. I think the cool factor is definintly there. I am in sure how I would connect the 4 wheel drive. I have seen peaple do a mid engine with a front wheel drive ad a transmission/ transfer case basically all wheel drive. I would like to use a auto trans and transfer case. Eanyone have want ideas or comments.?

2. jong1969

jong1969 New Member

I had a thought today about a Honda goldwing 1500 cc motor. Thay have a drive shaft connection that mite make it easy for me to connect to a transfer case. Anyone have want thought on this?

3. Why a swap? Are you not able to get all four tires putting in work with the stock engine?

4. jong1969

jong1969 New Member

Why a swap? Because it will be fun and you already get funny looks driving a mini truck. so a lifted one withe lots of power will be even better. I am also using it as a small service truck. So I need some more power.