1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4g82 mitsubishi

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by nutsure, Jul 2, 2021.

1. nutsure

nutsure New Member

My cushman white truck has the mitsubishi 4g82 1061cc 4cyl and it is knocking and oil is metallic. I want to rebuild it but i can't find parts anywhere. I found a site that has diagrams and part numbers but almost everything is permanently discontinued

2. Gregg Parodi

Gregg Parodi New Member

Don’t give up they used that 4g82 in many other vehicles I have been quite successful with mega zip they don’t advertise for Cushman but it’s a Mitsubishi motor it’s a 660 with another cylinder added valves are the same bearings are the same pistons are the same must make sure you get the correct ones when I go to mega zip I go for Mitsubishi mini truck I have gotten everything I have needed their deliveries are quite good right now just got a Lotta parts myself i’ve had all kinds of issues with mine mine now runs and drives perfectly willing to help if I can good luck

3. Kevin Holzbaugh

Kevin Holzbaugh New Member

Gregg,
    Thanks for the insight! I am new to this forum and have similar issues with sourcing parts for my 4G82. I just had mine rebuilt and most of the parts were the same as the 3G83 motor. I am going to try Mega Zip and see where that takes me.

I am trying to find materials on the routing of vacuum lines / emissions. When my mechanic put my motor back together, he stated he used the same routing as was in place when he tore the vehicle down, but there is a leak somewhere.

Kevin

4. Kevin Holzbaugh

Kevin Holzbaugh New Member

Hello Nutsure,
    Have you looked at GRImports for parts? I deal with a gentleman named Derek. He is very knowledgeable about the 4G82 engine and he has helped me tremendously...

5. OKei

OKei New Member

Did you have any luck rebuilding this motor?
    The crankshaft would be the hard bit to replace
    but can be reworked by a good place.
    All mitsu engines have quality crankshafts