1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 wheel drive lift kit?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by larryn2o, Nov 20, 2007.

1. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

i'm posting some snaps of the front & rear of my Midget. do any of Y'all have a kit to lift it ? all the kits seem to be for a 4 WD . i need an inch or so in the front and about 2 inches in the rear. allso let me know if you take pay-pal?
    thanks
    larry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  2. speedy67

speedy67 Member

I'm a newbie to Kei trucks too. But from what I see in your pictures, you truck can be lifted in the same fashion as 4x4's are. Shackle extensions in the rear and a spacer on top of the struts in the front.

Yours will be somewhat of a custom job to fit your particular truck in the front. It appears that your struts are a 2 bolt affair and the Kei trucks I have seen are 3 bolt. I believe it is slightly more complicated than simply cutting a piece of pipe and welding the adapter plates on either end, I think that there is a certain angle to the spacer to maintain the proper strut geometry, besides the need to re-align the front wheels after the lift.

Lift pros....any tips?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007