1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 Suzuki Carry bad performance...

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Victor Getov, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Kim Smith

Kim Smith New Member

Victor what carb do you have the 3+1 or the 3+2 ? And where is the Temp Sensor vale located?

2. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

Hi Kim,
    My Zuki model (DA52T) is unique - produced for only one year - 1999-2000. My carb is 2 +2 - also unique.
    After reading and reading and ... reading and reading I found that, the vacuum lines ARE ADDITION - NOT NECESSITY !!!
    Difficult start with a lot of cranking , spiting back and dyeing while driving are pure signs of overflowing carb !!!
    The Temperature Vacuum Valve is located on top of the thermostat. It can be with 2 or 4 ports.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  3. Heiny

Heiny Member

Good job on figuring that out,

4. Kim Smith

Kim Smith New Member

do you have a picture of it?

5. Kim Smith

Kim Smith New Member

Where did you tie back into the tank at?

6. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

Hi Kim.
    I shall post pictures in the next 24 hours.
    But,
    DON'T DO IT !!!
    I am in the third world. I have to make a plan to deal with things my way. Things, which cost you 5 bucks and 5 minutes effort are Mission Impossible for me.
    If you STILL decide to follow my steps - before you make permanent changes - make 100% sure it works for you !!!
    Simply put a T-piece BEFORE the carb. Run the hose in 2 liter bottle. Test drive.
    I had to reduce the new hose from 8 to 4.2 mm - I was getting fuel shortage above 80 km/h.
    If it works - spend $5 for Fuel Pressure Regulator and set it on 2 - 2.5 PSI.
    Victor's way:
    There is a 10 mm hose between the front of the tank and the tank inlet. I put another T-piece on it and joined the new "return" hose there.

7. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

20200802_150103 SMALL.jpg The Beast .......

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  8. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

9. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

10. Koffer

Koffer Donating Member

Nice looking unit Victor , won’t see anything that new for another 4 years here in the states ( unless I want a off-road only unit )

11. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

Thanks Koffer,
    I just install the lights on top. Two in the middle for "bush" trips (here 99.9% of the roads are gravel or sand), and two on the side - for open roads.
    As I understand - you have import restrictions in USA - 25 years or older. At least you have everything you need in the shops.
    I wonder way Kim does not provide FULL information about her truck ? Without it nobody can help her.

12. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

2020/08/17 UPDATE:
    After the modifications I had to do I already put another +/- 400 km on the clock.
    On open road consumption is 6,8 liter per 100 km (loaded with 8 bags of cement - 400 kg).
    Town driving - 8,5 liter per 100 km.
    Maximum cruising speed - 110 km/h. More than enough.
    On 115 km/h it becomes unstable.
    The EGR valve itself is working, but there is blockage and the exhaust gases does not come to it. It seems very common issue with F6A engines.

In the thread "Desperately need tuning help" there are pictures of carb plunger and needle. Mine look totally different. It seems the people "working" on the carb before me cut the needle. It comes out of the bottom of the plunger only 15 mm.
    Can somebody, please, help with details of original needle - diameter, length ect ?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  13. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

It's good to provide your unit, make, model etc..... in your signature, like some of us have done, it really helps us answer questions on your unit, as there are so many diff. kinds!

Victor Getov likes this.
  14. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

Thanks for the advise, Limestone.
    I just did not know that it is under "signature". Now is done.
    It seems the carburetors are different only by the vacuum ports - 3+2, 2+3. 3+1 and 2+2.
    Probably the plungers and needles are the same for all models.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  15. Limestone

Limestone Active Member

Anytime, Kim should do it too!