1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 Hijet Deck-Van Not Starting

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Mini_hijet, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Mini_hijet

Mini_hijet Member

Hello all,
    I just picked up a '99 Daihatsu Hijet Deck-Van S210V a couple days ago. I checked it out twice, both times it started right up, nice and easy, how it should. Also should mention both times it was cold. I got it home (about a four hour drive) and it wont start. It has spark (determined by removing all three plugs and grounding them out) and it has fuel (determined by plugs being wet when removed). It will start if you push-start it, but nothing when cranking by itself. It is a little harder than it should be when starting when it's warm, but it does start. It drives good, it idles good. I just have no clue what it could be! If anyone has had the same issue and solved it, or if anyone has any advice on what to check, it is greatly appreciated!

I have checked all fuses, and they are good.

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I think somebody else had one a week or two ago with similar issues.

Please go to the blue field at the top of the page, and follow the dark blue link. And, fill out your signature with the details on your rig. It makes it lots easier for folks to give relevant advice. Include things like: which engine series; whether it has fuel injection or a carb; one cam or two; etc. All of it makes a difference when trouble shooting.

Thanks, Jigs

3. Mini_hijet

Mini_hijet Member

Hello Jigs,
    I have had too many trucks to change that out. I think I am on #10 now. I also do not know that information either, so if you could guide me on how to find that out, that would be fantastic. It is fuel injected.

Also, do you happen to have the link to the thread?

Thank you

4. Mini_hijet

Mini_hijet Member

Hello all,
    After some digging, I have some updates/new information.
    It is the single cam motor (EF-SE).
    I did a compression test, I'm at 30-60-90, I don't know much but I know enough to know that those do not sound good. These numbers are when cold. I push started it, got it warm, and I'm at about 130 all across. Does that help at all? I was told that it is a "puck" motor, which means no adjustable valves. It also smokes a bit. Could anyone help me out better now?

Thank you