1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 Daihatsu Hijet S110P Lower Control Arm,Ball joints ?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Dishtech43, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

Ok.looks like both of my Ball joints on each side are bad ! But I havnt been able to find any.but looks like they are welded from factory! Not a good ideal..Im going to make an new control arm or try and cut out my old Ball joint and weld new one in place.. HAS ANYBODY DONE THIS ? And if so what Ball Joint will work? Thanks...

Attached Files:

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

3. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Are they actually welded or just press fit ?

4. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

Seems to be welded after looking at them the other day..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  5. ttc

ttc Active Member

At 75 bucks a pop for the control arms with the ball joint why would you bother trying to make it work??? You are gonna spend atleast 20 bucks on some thing that isn't right and needs time and labour to fit. If it even will fit.

dale hynes likes this.
  6. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

Sorry,but I missed your post all together for some reason..just seen it after I made the post,,,I did start account with them.waiting on shipping price..that is way cheaper than prices in USA..just hope shipping is ok...Thank you for this info..again.im sorry .didnt see your post. Have you ever ordered from them..and if so ..how was shipping..thanks

7. ttc

ttc Active Member

Yes I have had to replace my vacuum.control valves for my difflock and transfer case. Cheapest price I could find and I had the parts less then a week. Look up the correct parts for your truck on parts fan fiche as that was a quick reference to their prices. The valves I got where genuine daihatsu parts.

8. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

I just got message back from them..They said they can no longer stip to United States..They just raised shipping to bery high prices..So I guess.ill just have to find another way.without paying $500 for them here in the states..thanks

9. ttc

ttc Active Member

There are reshippers in Japan. I had some parts shipped by one and it wasnt bad to get it shipped to me

10. Dishtech43

Dishtech43 New Member

I'll do some checking too see what I can find. Thanks

11. Shane ryan

Shane ryan New Member

So I'm waking up this ond thread after 5 years. After spending countless hours searching forums, trips to the part store, testing different ball joints. Moog k5208 is the ONLY balljoint I could find that's remotely close to right. Nut size and taper both work. I did have to trim some of the shaft to get a little more clearance and add a lock washer as a spacer. BUT at $40 and a little bit of time, I'm up amd running again with a greasable lower balljoint. Simply cut the old one out, weld the new one in.

I only added to this old thread because this is the only thread that continously popped up during my search and it did t have the answer I was looking for. Hopefully my comment will help someone in my shoes out.

Jigs-n-fixtures and shogun like this.
  12. shogun

shogun Active Member

thanks for sharing the info

Shane ryan likes this.