1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1997 Mitsubishi No spark!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by MiniTruck, Oct 4, 2011.

1. jay17

jay17 New Member

The ignitor has went out it is under seat built into the governor box. Mine went out and I just ran a key on power wire to my fuel pump relay and ground off 3 of the 6 points on the distrubruter wheel that way it will fire 3 times instead of 6 that box control s the fuel pump and fireing that' why it has 6 points on the wheel then mounted a gm ingitor on Frame and wired it up. It is a lot to understand and do but when done right u will do away with it from cutting out at 25mph and if ignitor ever goes out u can go to any parts store to get it. When I get time I will post wiring diagram and some pics of what inside my distrubruter looks like. I will tell you if you aren't mechanical and electric inclined I guess you would say. It will be hard to understand and how do you post pics to this fourm? I did help a guy do his from this fourm. But I walked him tro it on the phone. His distrubruter all ready had 3 points on the wheel and he used a different aftermarket ingitor system

2. jay17

jay17 New Member

3. jay17

jay17 New Member

This box should be under one of the seats mounted inside frame rail. From the picture you posted of ur distrubruter the ingitor is in governor box not inside distrubruter. Hope this helps

4. Justin836

Justin836 New Member

I know this is a super old forum. But I’m dealing with a very similar issue. 96 Mitsubishi minicab. Fuel pump was bad, replaced that. Replaced the cap and rotor. Still no spark. I replaced the little half moon looking piece in the distributor hoping that was going to be it. Still no dice. Haven’t been able to locate a distributor. Im by no means a mechanic but I figured this truck can’t be that darn hard to figure out.