1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1997 Daihatsu Hijet S82p engine EF-CS 659cc ignition timing marks

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by CPP13, Nov 7, 2017.

1. CPP13

CPP13 New Member

I'm trying to locate the timing marks on a hijet s82p engine, and also would like to know the initial timing ºBTDC/rpm recommended by manufacturer for this engine. May someone help me with identifying the marks please. Thanks in advance

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. CPP13

CPP13 New Member

Found some information under the seats. There is the photo.

Attached Files:

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Looks like you found all the tune-up & emission info along with what spark plugs to get. Can't help with locating the marks though. Keep in mind that some engines had marks on the flywheel under a removeable cover as well as some having marks at the front pulley.

Fred

4. CPP13

CPP13 New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Now I'm working to find true top dead center. Then need to know the value of mechanical advance timing/rpm recommended for s82p EF-CS 659cc engine to set the total advance timing.

Doing some research found that "total advance timing can be set at 35/2500 ºBTDC/rpm with no problems". I was wondering if I can take that statement as correct.

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Sounds about right to me but that is only from past experience and I really have no way to verify for a specific vehicle/engine.

Fred

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Long tedious method is to do third gear acceleration runs, and tweak the timing to get as fast as you can.

Paco likes this.