1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1993 Carry Camso Track Clearance Issues

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Alix King, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Alix King

Alix King New Member

just got a set of camso tracks installed on a 1993 carry. theyre a blast.

unfortunately, approaching anything with real angle of attack, the front tracks rotate up into the body. a curb, etc. like when i drive over a curb... see photo

i have a 2" adjustable camber lift + heavier progressive coils from harley rose for ~4.5" total inches of lift.

Things i've tried:
    - Shimmed the bumper rods that center the hub with a few washers to the tune of .25"
    - Adjusted the tracks so the rear bogey wheels ride higher, bringing the front down
    - Cutting body & door
    - To-do: add another rubber bumper to the front anti-rotation arm, stiffen up things

Things to do?
    - Heavier straight rate coils?
    - Sell it and do the same to a 1996?
    - Diff drop (ugh, really don't have the fab skills)

any body else have any thoughts? experiences?

seems like this body variant is tougher than the ones right after for front clearance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  2. Alix King

Alix King New Member

Hearing rumors there may be 10” and 12” suspension variations in the carrys? True?

Can they be swapped?

3. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

I bought 4 inch lift kit for my truck that included 2 inch diff drop spacers. They are just 2 inch blocks with longer bolts. The only thing you will have to fabricate is a steering shaft extension.

4. Alix King

Alix King New Member

Not sure the 1993 is so easy - the shaft that has the bell crank on it will no longer work...