1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1992 acty rear wheel bearings

Discussion in 'Honda Acty References' started by vtg, Jun 11, 2010.

1. vtg

vtg Member

I had to replace the rear wheel bearings on the RH side of my 92 Acty yesterday. When I removed them, I discovered they were a standard 6206 bearing. The originals did not have any built in seals, but I saw no reason why a sealed bearing would not work. I went to my local New Holland dealership and bought a couple New Holland part # 210043 bearings. These are an NTN bearing (same brand as the originals). These bearings have the rubber seals on both sides. You could pry the seals out if you wanted them to run open like the originals, but I saw no sense in doing that beacuse the housing the bearings fit into do not have a grease zerk for pumping grease into them........I figured I may as well leave the seals in to keep the factory grease within the bearing and to prevent debris contaminating the bearing.

The New Holland dealership I went to had a dozen or so of these bearings in stock. And though they were all labelled as 210043, some boxes were marked "made in Japan" and some were "made in USA". I selected a couple of the US built ones, but the japanese ones are likely just as good. The bearings cost me somewhere around $18.00 each.

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Great post. I would of selected the "Made in Japan" ones myself. Your probably a lot better leaving the seals in like you said.

-Greg