1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Mark Semeraro, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Mark Semeraro

Mark Semeraro New Member

I have a 92 Sambar. I see references to different engines. K.... What do I have? It's 660 cc.

Also what oil filter do I use that is available on the US? I was told Fram but i am not sure the number. Replies appreciated.

2. peppermink

peppermink New Member

the 660cc engine for the Sambar is the EN07.

there are a few different variations of this, with different stroke, or rotated heads, Forced Induction, etc.

to get any more specific would require a lookup on the chassis code which should reveal information regarding how the vehicle was specced out of the factory. there's a guide to decoding these in the service manual.

the filter for early 2000s subaru legacy and impreza. should be fine, really, the only difference across model years there is the length. Some misc searches in google make it seem like filters for most of their models such as the forester also work.

This thread suggests you need a filter of the following specs:

Thread: M20P1.5, OD: 68mm

as mentioned before, measure your vertical clearance, and just find something that fits.

beyond that, I would suggest consulting the service manual, or consulting the search feature on this forum.

I understand that it can be hard to go looking for this stuff, but I literally just punched it into the search on this site, then crossreferenced google in about 5 minutes to get this.

3. Mark Semeraro

Mark Semeraro New Member

Thank you. Prior to posting, I did search the thread and could not come up with anything definitive. I was hoping for a reply of a result if " a Fram xxxxx" will fit. But, thank you for your reply.

4. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

For my 1996 Sambar I use a Purolater L14459 for my EN07 engine.

Mark Semeraro likes this.
  5. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

Damn it. That should be Purolator PL14459.

Mark Semeraro likes this.
  6. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

The Sambar EN07 engine uses the same oil filter as the Subaru Justy. You can buy the OEM filter of 15208KA011 from the dealer, which is what I use.. or if you really want Fram specifically, the 6607 of any series are the correct size.

7. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

ive been using Mobil 1 M1-108 for years no issues