1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14" wheels & tires on Sambar - no lift

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by 350v8s10, Oct 20, 2008.

1. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Just wondering if a 185 X15" is the same height as a 185X14". I seen a set of wheels with a 4x100 bolt pattern but they are 15". Would they work on a 1998 Highjet? Does using a 14" wheel and tire give more ground clearance than the stock 12"?

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

It all has to do with the aspect ratio. But generally speaking, no they won't be the same size. A 14" wheel with an appropriately sized tire might work but it will have to be a relatively low profile tire. A 15" wheel/tire would really have to be low profile. Generally, you can go a bit larger than the stock little wheels but you do need to watch out for clearances to the shocks, fenders, all that stuff. Check out the link to my HiJet in my signature to see how I did mine.

3. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

good post, thanks

4. mtslesse

mtslesse New Member

Hi guys, looking to do almost the exact same thing on a 2000 Suzuki Carry DB52T.

I found on the Discount Tire Direct website a set of wheels 14" x 5.5 wide, with a 35mm offset (4x100 bolt pattern), and a set of winter ice radial tires 175/65R14. Pretty much the same set up as 350v8 went with, but with a narrower tire.

I haven't found if that set up would work on the Suzuki, looks like it works great on Sambar. Any experience/opinions welcome!!