1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12" tires

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar References' started by confuzed, Nov 11, 2008.

1. confuzed

confuzed Member

Stock 12" tires marshall brand walmart $25.00 all four installed and balanced $176.00 145/80/12 all season should be ok for the street and they have a 100,000 km warranty and road hazard.Canadian tire has some for 31 and change. got all four on the truck for less than they want for one tire for my one ton what a joke.

2. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Wal Mart that carries 12"(auto) tires?? Where are you located?

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

That would be a Canadian Wal Mart he's talking about.
    Also from other posts I have read the Canadian Tire snowies [Nordic by Goodyear] are on there way out in 12" size.

4. confuzed

confuzed Member

Oh sorry yes it is canadian walmart the brand is Marshal Yokahama makes one as well but i could not find anyone here selling them. DOT road tires are hard to find but these trucks take the same size tire as the Subaru Justy DL and some of the Suziki made chevs Fireflies also pontiac had the same car but not sure of the name as well as the Suzuki so you might if desperate try a dealer. Don't know if you have OK tires stores in the USA they carry one but it was a summer tire 52 dollars or KAL TIRE? they have one 48.00 not much for tread. the walmart is not that great for tread but it is 4 wheel drive and a three block drive to work.If all else fails there is the Ford 1 Ton lol not as much fun tho.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  5. eeric

eeric Member

Anyone know where can I get cheap 12" tires in Vancouver, BC?
    thanks!

6. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I have a set of 145/70/12's that I'd let go cheap, I'd like to keep the rims though. PM me if you would like a picture.

7. Mack Mc

Mack Mc New Member

Does anyone know the bolt pattern for the suparu sambar?

8. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

4x100 bolt pattern

9. Reticent Sage

Reticent Sage New Member

As of 2019, 12' tires are becoming more of a rarity. I am going so far as to look at ship some Toyo Rugged Terrains in 145r12 from Japan for around 150 per tire. The dealers should maybe import those with a couple of new shipments. haha. Does anyone run Toyos on their minis stateside. I am wondering about snow and ice handling. s-l500.jpg

10. matt167

matt167 Active Member

You would be correct. Yokohama YS372 is basically the only decent 12" tire left and it is basically a golf kart tire.

You can go to a 14" 155/65/14 in a Nokian studded snow tire ( pull the studs if you don't like them ). it is within fractions of inches taller than the 145R12 and only 10mm wider. Put these on some easier to find 14x5.5" rims and your golden.. I did this with my '92 Carry except I got Hakkapalita R2 studless while they were still available. Raceline wheels were $275 shipped and the tires were $70 each. I do not have traction issues

punimog likes this.