1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 inch tires?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by renchjeep, Feb 15, 2010.

1. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

Anyone have the 10 inch rims?:( Looking for some 10" tires with the load rating needed for the Mitsu Minicab. Just bought some new 6 ply (ITP?) "Mud Lites" 22x8/10 for the rear from a guy on ebay, will they hold the weight? Obviously, the front is heavier. What do I need for the fronts? 94(?) Mitsu Mighty Mits, U14T, 2 WD. Used around the yard, and on dirt/sandy roads. Used for fun, as well, but never on pavement;).

Thanks--Chris

2. slimbad

slimbad Member

Chris,

On my cousin's truck, (a 2wd 94 Mits) it came with 4 of the 20x8-10-4 ply rated turf tires. With your truck being a 2wd it doesn't matter that you keep the tires exactly the same height. Here's a link to something similar to what came on his truck. You won't have a prob with the tires, they will tote the truck just fine.

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL TIRES/Carlisle/Carlisle LG/carlisle_turfsaver.htm

later, slim

3. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

What is the bolt pattern on that mits? I have a set of 10" off Suz and off Dai.

4. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Guest

Do you guys remember that Aerosmith song Big Ten Inch Record?

5. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

4 on 100mm. 10" by 5" rims. Just got 2 of the Interco Swamp Lites today, they are 6-ply, rated for 275 lbs each. Mounted them on the rear, and they look AWESOME! (I am going to take my rear fender extensions off, they are bashed to hell anyways!) At 8 psi, not squishy. Most likely won't add more than 200 lbs or so to the bed. Do you think they will work on the front as well? Clearance seems OK on the front, just concerned about the weight issue. How much does a 94 Mitsu U14T 2wd lefty weigh, anyways? Front weight versus rear? Maybe these 6-ply Swamp Lites are a bit under-rated for carrying capacity? Would love to have all 4 tires the same, for wear/rotation purposes. Ideas, anyone?

Yeah, I remember that song.......when I bring out my big 10 inch...record of the band and let it play! Hilarious!

6. slimbad

slimbad Member

U14T wieght

renchjeep,

I'll provide some additional info later but for now here's the weight of the three U14T variants:

7th digit of model code:

S - no doors, no windshield - 595kg/1312lbs

M - no doors, with windshield - 610kg/1345lbs

D - with doors, door glasses, and windshield - 640kg/1411lbs

Also recheck your model code you posted in another thread. Your 4th digit should be "Q" (body type 1 - High roof) not "O", and your 6th digit should be an "F" (4-speed manual transmission) not "P".

I'll provide more later. Hope this helps some......later, slim

7. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

Thanks, slim. I will double-check the vehicle numbers. What do you think of the 6-ply 275 lb tires? They do sound a bit light for the rig--I didn't think it weighed that much! Are those figures empty, or loaded? Guess I will find out, huh?:D

Thanks again--Chris

8. o8k

o8k Member

Too weak! I would recommend min 500lbs per tire.

9. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

o8k--can you recommend a 22x8-10 or 22x10-10 6 or more ply, with mud tread like the Mud Lites that are rated for 500 lbs.+?:confused:

Thanks--Chris--renchjeep

10. o8k

o8k Member

Maybe I missed something. didn't know 10” rims fit on a mini truck. And. If 10” tires can't support the gvrw of roughly 2000# I wouldn't recommend 10`s at all.
    If your talking about 12`s there are utv tires out there rated as high as 1200# a tire.

11. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

Yeah, it's got 10's alright. 94 or so Mitsu Minicab--see my pictures. Wish I had 12's, would not be a problem then. I am going to try Interco Swamp Lites. I have put a pair on the rear, and they seem okay, the front may be a different story. They are 6 ply, rated for 275 lbs each, and seem really strongly built. Hopefully they are under-rated!

Anyone have a set of 12" wheels, 4 on 100mm, that they would like to sell?

renchjeep

12. o8k

o8k Member

There are honda wheels out there in 13", 14", and 15" that will fit, about 50 bucks a wheel. They seem to come in both 115mm and 110mm i had a post on here somwhere w/ a link but i cant find it at the moment. I also collected a list that can be found here:
    http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=4763
    I forget who posted that originally but i have managed to lose track of that too, sorry unsaid person...

and more from here:
    http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=1250&highlight=Corolla
    post #2

13. o8k

o8k Member

i have a set of 12's for my suzuki that i would be willing to part with, but they are 115mm pattern. I would only use the $ to buy honda rims (13" or 14") and get some decent street tires tho.

14. renchjeep

renchjeep Member

OK, so far the Swamp Lites are holding up fine. I have not loaded the truck yet, but I have driven it on my dirt roads and slammed it into a few hard turns, and the tires held up. I am running 10 psi in the front and 7 psi in the rear, and they are not bulging at the bottom. The sidewalls felt pretty stout as I was mounting them. I will see what happens.

Chris--renchjeep