1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

01 Suzuki Carry Db52t (4x4), f6a EFI engine with manual transmission?

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Mitchel, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Mitchel

Mitchel New Member

I have two Suzuki Carry Db52t F6A EFI (4x4) trucks one is a couple years older and runs and drives awesome, the second truck does not. One of the coil packs kept burning out almost instantly every time it was replaced. I went through the entire wire feed back to the main relays. No luck fixing this issue for over a month, any ideas are appreciated!

2. OhDeer

OhDeer Active Member Supporting Member

Check the ground. Really clean it up and make sure it's good clean metal to metal. Everyone looks at the power side, but you gotta have good grounds.

3. Mitchel

Mitchel New Member

thank you for the reply, I’ve checked all of the grounds and they are all good, I have the electrical service manual and cant figure out why just one of the coils is always on, shouldn't it be intermittent? The other two coils are not constantly on.

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

The ECM controls when the coils are activated under normal conditions. For the coil to be constantly on would indicate that either the ECM is controlling that particular wire with constant "on" signal (same as points closed) or there is a short in the wiring loom from that particular wire to some other voltage source, which would cause constant current flow through the coil. At the ECM, terminal 19 for coil #3 white/red wire, terminal 20 for coil #2 white wire, terminal #21 for coil #1 white/brown wire would send "on" (points closed) or "off" (points open) signal to the coil driver transistor built in each coil. Page 98 of the service manual shows what I am trying to explain. The service manual and parts manual can be downloaded by searching for Haulster Police Vehicle for Model 898487. This is a different vehicle but does include a mini crash course on EFI as used by Suzuki. Section 1, 3, & 6 of particular interest.

Fred

Please do not feel I am talking down to you, I do not know what your knowledge level is so just trying to cover the basics.