1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some more flavor for you.

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by gumballf355, Jul 15, 2008.

1. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Some lowered japanes Kei trucks for your pleasure. Obviously I'm trying to start something here.

2. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Nice ones! I just acquired some fiberglass overfenders for my kei truck.. I believe they originally were made for an old KP-61 Starlet.
    I already have 13x5 rims for the front, and 13x6's for the rear. My bed doesn't have the fold down sides, only the tailgate..it closely resembles the top photo. I plan on making a thin walled bed for the rear, and incorperate the fender flares into it. Since I still need to run the vehicle thru the Japanese inspection (JCI), I'll just keep the factory bed and swap it over.
    I'm thinking dark red paint, and gunmetal trim.

The fenders are similiar to the ones in the pic, and the rims are the same as well.

http://shift-lock.netfirms.com/modstore/nfoscomm/catalog/images/cbyfenderflares.jpg

3. superhijet

superhijet Member

i thought id be the only one to have wellers
    i have 6x13 0n the front and 7x13s on the rear
    im designing a 4/5 link set up for mine at the mo to lower it
    but still open to sugestions

4. Subaru

Subaru Member

:)Love the looks of those
    I am debating doing this to a SC Sambar 2wd,and adding gull wing doors:cool:

5. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

I was planning on a stainless roll bar in the bed too. I bought all the equipment, and used it only twice!

Was considering getting Wagon R suspension, and with a couple mods, install some adjustable coilovers. The brakes will be swapped over as well. Much more parts for the Wagon R's, and other Suzuki Keis than the Carry. Nice having a lathe and mill at the house to help out too.

6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

wow that is crazy!

too bad the roads around here are never that nice for more then a year before they turn into the normal jumble of pavement.

7. Colin

Colin Member

Those wheels are AWESOME. :eek:

8. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

if i thought the farm roads around here would allow a dropped stance and a low profile tire i would have my truck in the weeds in a heart beat...

but since i live in cow country, and have just found a new love for trying to get my truck stuck and dropping into 4low and digging my way out, i think i'm gonna leave it stock for now...

if i lowered it, i could get good traction at the drag strip, but i couldn't get 3 wheel motion like this..
    [​IMG]

maybe i need a little 2wd to lower and take to the track on a trailer behind my daihatsu... that would be a sight!

9. Colin

Colin Member

I live out in the sticks, too. Fortunately, our driveway is paved, so I can go pretty much as low as I like. I'm thinking about slamming my Sambar and swapping the front end for the Kombi/Dias van front end (the VW lookalike.) Then I'll paint my Ruckus to match and haul it around in the back.

</pipe dream> :D

10. Stuff99

Now you're thinking with mini trucks!

11. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm well on my way...

12. Stuff99

source on these rims?

13. gumballf355

gumballf355 Member

both of these are originally 4x114.3 wheels. I had them re-drilled custom. 6 spoke wheels are 16x8+10 rota grids and seconds are 15x7-0 enkei 92s from ebay.

14. Colin

Colin Member

The Enkeis look OK... I don't like the way those Rotas look on the truck.

These trucks look great on Minilite (or Minilite replicas) and BBS three-piece wheels. :)

Colin