1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts Interchange

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Colin, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Colin

Colin Member

Oil Filter - WIX 51334 (same as Forester EJ25, Justy 1.2L, etc)

I'll add more numbers as I find them. Expect some oil seal, spark plugs, plug wire, and other ignition tuneup parts.

Colin

2. ricohman

ricohman New Member

Would that filter fit the 550cc engine??

3. Colin

Colin Member

Don't know.

4. sooke

sooke New Member

what about the oil drain plug and gasket. Any cross refrence ideas there?

5. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

a lot of the oil plug compression washers are sold by size and application. you can take the drain plug down to napa or something and have them pull one for you.

6. Bosco rosco

Bosco rosco New Member

AIR FILTER Napa 6159, good fit with minor alteration, cut off square cornors of gasket. $11.99
    WIRE SET Napa 700743 $26.49

Note: this set does not come with primary power wire, big improvement!

Bosco Rosco, 92 Sambar, KS4

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  7. Bosco rosco

Bosco rosco New Member

SAMBAR DISTRUTOR CAP & ROTOR KS4: West Shore Auto Ltd, Canada has cap BUT ... needs alteration to fit. (contrary to what they say):(
    The original cap (black) has two alignment holes on either side. The new cap (redish) from West Shore Auto only has one and is in the wrong place. It can be made to work! Using the old cap as a guide carefully mark the correct pin holes (2) on the new cap. Using a drill bit the exact width of the pin hole very carefully dirll a series of holes within the marked area to a depth of 3/16". Clean out rest of "hole". Once this is done your altered cap should fit perfect!;)
    Rotor & Cap $52 US

The rotor needs no adjusment.

Note: the new cap comes firing order renumbered with magic marker, use these numbers. Also note the rotor/cap are spining in a reverse direction than indicated on cap. Its OK. Works just fine. Careful working the snap clips on either side of the distrubutor, break one and you are screwed.:mad:

Additional Information: Sounds strange but the drills your dentist uses fit the dremel tool with a smaller chuck. My dentist was glad to give me a small envelope with varied used sizes. These are high qualilty and the dentist throws them away when dull. This worked great in cleaning out the above holes! Plus you can $ave on dentist bills by drilling your own teeth!:)

The new cap and rotor made a tremendous difference in engine performance! Good luck.

ATTACH=full]14732 [/ATTACH] IMG_8307.JPG IMG_8306.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  8. TMB FARM

TMB FARM New Member

I have been using a K&N air filter in my Suzuki JB71T F5A for several years. I kept hunting the K&N site until I found one that would fit. There's also a pre-cleaner that will fit but one end has to be cut out. Here are the numbers.

K&N KA-1200 and K&N 25-1770 Pre-Filter

You can look at the filters on the K&N site.

Since I drive my mini-truck entirely off-road in conditions that range from dusty, to high weeds and often mud and water, I moved the inlet of the intake from the frame up into the bed using some electrical conduit and fittings, a fuel pump bracket and an old air intake cap from a small farmall tractot. It turned out really nice and eliminated cleaning the air filter as often.