1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil leak help with pictures

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Derek Groth, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Derek Groth

Derek Groth New Member

My Sambar has had this oil leak since I acquired it 6 months ago. Oil “weeps” between the block and head, collects enough to drip down on the driver side motor mount and then onto the engine support tube. Definitely not coming from timing side; all seals are new as well as distributor side. Valve cover gasket is new and appears dry all the way around. Only leaks running and loss is maybe a drip an hour. I researched all other threads and found someone with a similar leak but never followed up. Please view attached images and tell me what you think. One picture is not my engine but another ENO7 split so you can see both block and head. Best I can figure is that it is one of the 2 oil returns on the out side of the head with the orange ring. Replacing the head gasket is no problem; I just don’t want to do it if not necessary. No combustion gases in coolant and no oil/collar mixing. https://postimg.cc/gallery/JmSrvbs

2. Bowe

Bowe Member

I’d say you’ve got it figured out it seems. I have a similar leak but it’s on the pressurized side of the oil feed so it’s quite a bit worse. In my case it’s a $400 winter beater so I just live with it and keep an eye on oil between changes. Although it drives me crazy that a $3 o ring is causing it.

3. Derek Groth

Derek Groth New Member

Thanks. If you’re referring to the o-ring on the distributor, you can get the doorman universal assortment (80024, I think)…mine leaked too. One in there is a perfect fit.

4. Bowe

Bowe Member

Unfortunately mine is on a 2.5l Suzuki v6 but it’s caused by a similar o ring sealing the oil feed where the block and head meet. Much like you I sealed valve cover, distributor, etc but still dripping oil from that area.